Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Introduction

So, who am I and why this blog?

I am 37 and recently separated from my long time girlfriend. Which means that I am now "in the market" for a new relationship. Over the last week or so, I spent most of my time trying to remember the abc of dating. You see, dear reader, it has been so long since I have been on a date that I had forgotten the very basics. For instance, last time I was on a date, I paid for everything, now, my friends tell me, we go Finladian (Each pays half). In the past, a first date was a meal, maybe a walk, and asking for a new date. Today, I am told, it's a meal at McDonald's, followed by a quick trip to Spinney's to buy some Durex, followed by a night of sex and, maybe, coffee the next morning. Unless the sex was bad in which case she disappears early. In the past, during a first date, I tried to be funny, witty, smart and well mannered. Now, I am told, I should put the keys to my BMW on the table for her to notice, I should wear my Rolex and tell her how expensive my previous holidays to Monte Carlo was. A long time ago, in what seems like a galaxy far, far away, I would select an out of the way, cozy, romantic restaurant. Now, I am told that a small, very crowded (The more the better), with mind shatteringly high music that tare your ear drums apart forever, smelly, full of cigarette smoke place would be very much appreciated.

So, I have put some rules to my going back into the game:

1- I shall not sleep with the woman on the first date
2- I shall pay for the first date
3- I will not cheat on any. I might date several in parallel (Yeah, right) but I shall not sleep with more than one (As if I could even if I wanted to)
4- I shall not lie. I shall represent the truth under its most favorable angle

So, ladies and gentleman, these are my chronicles. The stories of my dates. Each story will be different but they will all be true...

Wish me luck...

Haroun El Poussah

5 Comments:

Blogger Sex and Dubai said...

Goodluck Haroon! and here's an official welcome to Dubai's meat market.

1:52 PM  
Blogger Tainted Female said...

Best of luck…

And ahh… Your friend’s advice sucks. If you want trashy women (DXB prostitutes), follow it. If you’re looking for class, be classy as it sounds you’ve always been…

FYI… I will NEVER date a guy who expects me to pay and shows off all the money he’s got with his Lexus (or BMW) keys and stories of latest vacations. In fact, these men are my biggest turn off.

I’m going to follow this blog (even if you don’t like the new format of mine), since this looks rather entertaining.

2:19 PM  
Blogger Rambling Hal said...

I can't wait! Let the adventures begin.

3:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck!

As you know, Jews own the world. There is nothing we cannot do - Mossad is everywhere. We have majical powers.

Now that I wished you luck you may find that things will just magically happen for you.

2:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck Haroun

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home