Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Old enough to procreate, old enough to date?

My first experience was last night.

I was told by a friend of mine that a friend of one of his friends had a friend, who had a friend, who had a cousin, who had a brother, who had a friend who was single. “Practically family” is what he said.

After a quick brainstorm as to the best way for me to meet this supposedly gorgeous single lady, and after I vetoed nightclubs, it was agreed that a dinner at Cucina in the Marriott would be arranged and that she would be seated next to me.

Since we were going to be about 25 people (all the “friends” were showing up) we decided to book the entire upper floor of the restaurant.

I got there fashionable early as I thought I should for a first “date/Encounter”. Obviously I am getting old and haven’t dated in a while because no one showed up les than 30 minutes late. So, 50 minutes late she shows up. I must admit that, at first, I thought she was the kid sister of one of the guys. She looked 15 and was acting 12. I only figured out that she was my “date” when she was promptly seated next to me. So, I tried to engage conversation. I didn’t know what topic of conversation to open with such a young lady. I assumed the Ken and Barbie were out and these were the only things that I know about 12 year olds. You see, I have been raised a perfect gentleman and I would never ask a lady her age.

“I am 20” she volunteered out of the blue. I thought that this was a bit too young for me and I mentioned this to my friend. He said that 20 years old were the best marriage material since you can mold them to your liking. I tried to explain to him that Marriage was not what I was looking for but to no avail.

Apparently there are only two first date options in Dubai

1. Group dating in anticipation to an engagement proposal
2, Chit chat and lots of drinks in anticipation for guilt free drunken sex

Well, since I am not interested in either (For the time being at least… I am not YET that desperate), I politely ignored her the entire evening.

However… (You simply knew that I would not write anything if the evening had been THAT boring). So… However, at the other end of the table there was a lady sitting. She must have been 28-30. She had one of those captivating smiles. The kind of smiles that make you dream about what might be and what would be. I managed to catch her eyes from across the room and we exchanged one of those nods that might say so much but often say nothing more than: “Yes, I saw you looking at me, please look elsewhere you idiot”

Under the table, I started smsing everyone for information on her. Turns out she is married with 4 kids… Oh, well, a wasted evening!!

Haroun El Poussah

5 Comments:

Blogger Tainted Female said...

I've gotta say... you've got some amusing friends... 20 years, perfect for marriage... lol.

Sorry the night was a dud... Better luck next time.

6:54 PM  
Blogger Sex and Dubai said...

Not to throw a wrench in your optimism, but you are more than likely to encounter more and more of the same. But chin up - your perfect Dubai woman probably doesnt exist...but we're sure someone will come close enough!

8:20 PM  
Blogger magnoona said...

Its cool to see a blog dedicated to dating and the joys and anguish that comes with the territory :)

10:49 PM  
Blogger Rambling Hal said...

Nice to know guys can still look at 28 to 30 year olds and see the hotness. I'm 25 and already being pushed aside for the younger species. Makes me want to tear some eye balls out.

But I'm all good now. Happy dating!

3:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am reading this article second time today, you have to be more careful with content leakers. If I will fount it again I will send you a link

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home