Friday, January 05, 2007

Spicy

Last night I had a date.

We were supposed to meet at 8:30 and when I saw her name on my ringing phone at 8:20 I thought to myself: “Hum, another wasted evening, she’s cancelling”. I answer the call.

Me: “Hi, how are you?”
Date: “Bad, I just had an accident”
Me: (not THAT age old excuse)
Me: “are you ok?”
Date: “Yes, but my car is hit”
Me: “The important thing is that you are safe”
Date: “I really had an accident you know”
Me: (Yeah yeah yeah)
Me: “Of course you did. Do you want me to come over?”
Date: “Yes please I am 2 min from the restaurant”

Sure enough I come out of the restaurant and see an accident 200m away. A Cayenne and a Tercel. I walk over to the Tercel in search of my date but, to my utter amazement, I see my date standing next to the Cayenne.

Me: “Is that your car?”
Date: “yes, that idiot rammed me from behind…. No pun intended Haroun”
Me: (a Cayenne? I’ve never been in a Cayenne)
Me: “That idiot”
Date: “Oh well, we’re waiting for the police now”

She spent the next 30 minutes waiting for the police while I pretended to be interested in what she was saying but I was secretly eyeing the Cayenne. Wow, sexy car

Policeman: “Ok, all good, you can go now”
Date: “I don’t feel like driving”
Me: “We could go in one car”
Date: “Yes, mine of yours?”
Me: (Duh!! WTF do you think I will say to this?)
Me: “Well you did say you didn’t want to drive”
Me: (Yes, yes, offer that we go in your car and I drive, please please)
Date: “Ok, lets take your car”
Me: “ But, but, but, I didn’t clean it”
Date: “It’s ok, I don’t really mind”
Me: “But you should mind”
Date: “no it’s ok, really”

So we take my car and drive off to a different restaurant than we had originally planned. All evening she is talking to me and all I could see as I looked at her was “Cayenne”. I couldn’t wait to drive her back so I could get a better look at that car… I mean, for once I had a date worth going out with, a date with something to offer, an interesting date. I was trying to be charming and witty and funny and smart and honest with her. After all, the most I impress her the more likely she is to offer me a second date and the opportunity to see my baby again.

When that LONG evening finally ended and I drove her to her car, she didn’t even offer a test drive… what a wasted evening


Haroun El Poussah

13 Comments:

Blogger Tainted Female said...

You're losing your touch Haroun. This just isn't all that entertaining at all.

Could it be that you're spirit has been damaged by our little spat?

Cheer up. I still love you.

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you were more interested in the car than the girl? common haroun.. don't be materialistic.. didn't you say you wanted an interesting girl that is worth being with! :P

1:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Understand Haroun. He met something more interesting to him.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Leilouta said...

Rebellious,
Well she obviously wasn’t an interesting girl.

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It had nothing to do with her. She could have been the perfect specimen of female beauty. It had everything to do with IT (the car).

11:49 AM  
Blogger magnoona said...

Damn, I would have been thinking about the Cayenne all night too! You men shouldn't get pissed off then when the first question out of a girl's mouth is "what car do you drive?" ;)

5:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i take it you didn't have any after dinner 'snacks'?

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I Love The Cayenne

Respect.

12:16 PM  
Blogger Sex and Dubai said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:13 PM  
Blogger Sex and Dubai said...

Tsk tsk.

No mention of the following:

a. She was either going to be early or on time for your date, if she called you at 8.20

b. The fact that she called you right away to inform you of a delay.

c. The fact that she was graceful enough to continue with the evening instead of cancelling altogether. Hey - if we had a Porsche we'd be pretty damned MAD if it got hit and definitely woudlnt be in the mood to go out for dinner.

Kudos to her. Shame to you.

6:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL S&D, true though....

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Question is was she any good looking? Also, was she interesting person, was she intelegent... you know, all the good things

Cayenne is a piece of metal anyways

1:19 PM  
Blogger Taunted said...

Haroun, it just goes to show that the men in this country are as (or even more) materialistic than the women.

I've got a battered up Discovery, but I own it, it's paid for, and I love it!!

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home