Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Modern Dating Techniques

As you may know, I now have a new team of advisors for my Dating Adventures in Dubai. Yes, Noora and Layala have agreed to provide me with the tips and tricks required to find a perfect date in Dubai.

Yesterday, while I was having dinner with my friends and the girl they wanted to introduce me to, Layala called me to start our relationship. Obviously I could not take the call so she proceeded to give me all the tips by sms

"make her laugh"
"appear interested"
"sit up straight"
"don't scratch yourself in front of her"
"treat her nicely"

The tips were endless and to the point. I immediately stopped scratching my private parts in front of my date and proceeded to do so under the table away from view. It seems that my underwear had shrank in the washing machine and was really giving me an itch. This is what happens when your ex was responsible for the washing machine and you have no idea how to operate one. Anyhow, I am digressing

During the course of the evening Layala and I were SMS'ing back and forth with reports and tips. Of course this was all new and exciting to me so I seemed to have forgotten my manners, until Noora butted in with an SMS telling me it was rude to be texting on a date and that I should channel my efforts into my date instead! Technology has advanced since the last time I dated, so I never had to worry about these things back then!

After the date (I got the girl's phone number and we have a follow up tonight), I called Layala back. I am not allowed to tell you much about Layala herself. I am not allowed to tell you if she has a sexy voice (she does) or where she is from. However, I can tell you that I got very good advice from her:

"be a man"
"When you want to dump a girl, call her and tell her"
"Don't disappear"
"Be polite"
"Open the doors once in a while"
"Be a man"
"Unless you are totally hideous you should be able to get a date"
"Ooops, are you to totally hideous?"

And the list goes on. I have a set of very engaged advisors who are looking after my best interest. Now, all I need is a successful second date tonight and I am all set for my dinner tomorrow. Wish me luck

Haroun El Poussah

5 Comments:

Blogger Luna Piena said...

wow...layala's advice is some serious shit!
take her word for it.. her experience sounds real enough for you to follow the leader.
goodluck!!

8:06 PM  
Blogger halfmanhalfbeer said...

Hey, good luck. Looking forward to reading how it goes!

HMHB

10:26 AM  
Blogger Sex and Dubai said...

we're liking this blog man, ure collaborating with sex and dubai ... are they sexy? fill us in!

10:59 AM  
Blogger Sex and Dubai said...

speaking of which, we are still awaiting details from last nite's date! Or....did you get lucky..that's why the silence?

Fill us in! How are we supposed to help you if we don't knwo what's going on?

11:01 AM  
Blogger jaspar said...

i'm looking lady for dating

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home